One of the major missions of PAID is the management of technical cooperation projects that involves setting up, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development initiatives in a concerted and participative manner. This activity is starting point of a newly created unit of the PAID’s network named “International Centre for Concerted, Decent and Sustainable Development” coordinated by Kanae Dote, a Japanese.
The Centre is in-charge of the management of technical cooperation projects, action-research, transferred-research, colloquia, international seminars and supervision of training programmes being carried out by R-PAIDs.
1. THE IMPACT OF PROJECTS IN AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT
Through the management of projects, PAID is in search for a way-forward for the development of Africa by Africans aiming, among others, the following objectives:
• Ameliorate life standards (food, health, housing, education ...);
• Local development;
• Economic growth;
• Job creation;
• Women empowerment;
• Youths Development.
2. THE MEANS PUT IN PLACE BY PAID FOR MANAGEMENT OF PROJECTS
PAID has the following means to normally implement all projects in the pipeline or those under implementation:
• A network of institutions that cover the African continent (R-PAID);
• The PAID’s Foundation in-charge of mobilization of financial resources for PAID’s activities;
• Support from African governments;
• Current and potential partners to be contacted;
• 49 years of experience (1964 to date);
• Competent researchers with long experience;
• External auditor;
• External relation with Europe, America and Asia.
3. SOME PAID’s PROJECTS
PAID has prepared a series of project that some are in an advanced state of maturity and others being implemented, particularly:
• The project of fighting illegal immigration
• The PAID-CPC joint project on insurance cooperatives;
• The PAID-ACDIC/SAILD project targeting local development in Cameroon;
• The launching of the Africa Academy on concerted, decent and sustainable development;
• The PROFADEL project (training programme and support for local development).